Terms and Conditions of Benefits for Certain Visa Cardholders in Latin America
PLEASE CAREFULLY AND FULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TEXT. IT CONTAINS THE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS FOR USING THE BENEFIT DESCRIBED BELOW (“TERMS AND CONDITIONS”).
1. What benefit are you offering?
Subscription to the Bloomberg Línea news service with free membership for a certain period of time based on the Eligible Card used to subscribe to the Service, as described below (“Benefit”).
- Visa Gold: free 2-month membership in the Service
- Visa Platinum and Visa Signature: free 3-month membership in the Service
- Visa Infinite free 4-month membership in the Service
2. What services will I be able to use as part of the Benefit?
Access to the Bloomberg Línea news portal with exclusive content in Spanish, Portuguese and English (“Service”).
3. Who owns the Service?
Falic Media, with its principal place of business at Santa Maria Business District, Torre Argos Pisa 1, Panama City, Panama, 0801 (“Company”).
4. Who provides the Benefit?
Visa International Service Association and its affiliates in the Territory. ("Visa", “We”, “Us” or “Our").
5. Who can redeem the Benefit?
All cardholders who have Visa-branded consumer credit or debit cards that fall within the categories of Eligible Cards (“Eligible Persons”).
Said cards must be issued by an institution that, in your country, is capable of issuing such cards and is a member of the Visa payments system (“Issuer”).
6. What card must I have in order to be able to redeem the Benefit?
To be able to redeem the Benefit, an Eligible Person must have one of the following Visa-branded cards, whether credit or debit:
- Visa Gold
- Visa Platinum
- Visa Signature
- Visa Infinite
These will be considered “Eligible Cards”. In any case, Eligible Persons may only receive the Benefits listed for their category in question 1 – Eligible Card Benefits.
A valid Visa Gold, Visa Platinum, Visa Signature or Visa Infinite card is a card that is active, has made at least one transaction in the last three months and/or is enabled by its issuer to make international transactions.
7. In what territories must my Eligible Card be issued in order for me to be able to redeem the Benefit?
Anguilla, Antigua, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Granada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Sant Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos, Uruguay, [U.S]. Virgin Islands. (“Territory”).
8. When can I redeem the Benefit?
From August 24, 2021 until August 23, 2023.
However, Visa may modify these dates according to these Terms and Conditions (“Promotional Period”).
9. Once I redeem it, how long can I enjoy the Benefit?
An Eligible Person can enjoy each Benefit for the length of time established in “Table 1 – Eligible Card Benefits” based on the type of Eligible Card owned and used by him/her to subscribe to the Services. (“Benefit Time Frame”)
10. How do I redeem the Benefit?
Follow these steps:
- Log on to www.beneficioslac.visa.com/bloomberg (“Visa Benefits Portal”)
- Enter the information for your eligible Visa card
- Enter your contact information
- Click the “Continue to Bloomberg’’ link. This will open the Bloomberg Línea website
- Complete your registration in the Bloomberg website (“Company Website”)
11. To get the Redemption Code, what information must I provide to Visa?
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- Your Eligible Card’s Number
- Your Eligible Card’s expiration date (except in Brazil)
In addition, if you are an Eligible Person with an Eligible Card issued in Mexico, you will need to provide the number of your Eligible Card that is not a physical card (but not the number of the digital card associated with that physical card) (“My Information”).
12. How will Visa use My Information?
According to the policy that can be found in: https://usa.visa.com/legal/global-privacy-notice.html (“Visa Policy”)
13. How will the Company use My Information?
According to the Company’s policy that can be found in: https://www.bloomberglinea.com.br/2021/08/06/politica-de-privacidade/ (“Company Policy”)
14. I have questions about the Benefit. Who can answer them?
Visa, through the “Contact Us” section in the Visa Benefits Portal that was mentioned in section 10 above.
The following terms, conditions and restrictions supplement, but do not replace, the terms, conditions and restrictions in the above overview.
- Acceptance. By redeeming this Benefit, you are accepting these Terms and Conditions, as well as any other terms, conditions or restrictions specific to the Benefits, which We disclose in any communication, including but not limited to via posting on web pages or Our social media accounts.
- Changes. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions in any way, including but not limited to: (i) discontinuing the Benefits; (ii) changing the Benefit; and (iii) any other change to protect Our interests or under circumstances that, in Our judgment, present abuse or fraud.
- Redemption Limits. Only one redemption per Eligible Card and per email account is permitted.
- Not applicable to the Service. These Terms and Conditions do not govern the use of the Service or of the Service Portal. The Service and the Service Portal are subject to certain terms, conditions and restrictions (“Terms of Service”). The Terms of Service can be found in the Service Portal. To use the Service, you must agree to the Terms of Service; otherwise, you may not use the Service and, therefore, will not be able to enjoy the Benefit.
- Links. The Visa Benefits Portal contains links, including but not limited to the Service Portal. When you click these links, you will be leaving the Visa Benefits Portal and entering web pages not controlled by Visa, such as the Service Portal.
- Company Materials. The Company, not Visa, creates and controls: (i) the Service; (ii) the Terms of Service; (iii) the Redemption Code; and (iv) the Service Portal (items i-vi [sic], collectively, the “Company Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Visa has no control or interference in, or liability for, the Company Materials.
- My Information. To grant the Benefit, Visa and the Company may share My Information. The use of said information is governed, in the case of the Company, by the Company’s Policy, and in the case of Visa, by Visa’s Policy. By redeeming the Benefit, you acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to read, and have agreed to, the Company’s Policy and Visa’s Policy. Visa and its affiliates are authorized to send, transmit and store My Information outside of my country of residence. That is, you expressly authorize Visa to (i) send and transmit your own and/or personally identifiable information to any part of the world; (ii) store said information in any part of the world.
Limitation of Liability..
- VISA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (i) THE COMPANY MATERIALS; (ii) ANY CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS HOSTED AND OFFERED BY THE SERVICE OR THE SERVICE PORTAL; AND (iii) THE COMPANY’S USE OF THE INFORMATION GATHERED BY THE COMPANY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THE SERVICE PORTAL (SUCH AS, FOR EXAMPLE, MY INFORMATION).
- Every effort has been made to keep the Visa Benefits Portal up to date and working properly. However, VISA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES BEYOND ITS CONTROL WHICH CAUSE SAID PORTAL TO BE TEMPORARILY OUT OF SERVICE OR FOR REPLACING ANY REDEMPTION CODE THAT HAS BEEN DAMAGED OR LOST.
- THE ISSUER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR EITHER THE BENEFIT OR THE COMPANY MATERIALS. However, the Issuer will be in charge of interacting with Eligible Persons to resolve any benefit-related issues.
- VISA IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DIRECT DAMAGES RESULTING FROM: (I) OUR REFUSAL FOR YOU TO REDEEM OR ENJOY THE BENEFIT; (II) THE DISCONTINUATION OR MODIFICATION OF THE BENEFIT; (III) ANY FAILURE OR INABILITY FOR ANY REASON ON THE PART OF WHOEVER REDEEMS OR USES THE BENEFIT; OR (IV) THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICE.
- VISA, ITS AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE INVESTORS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND PROVIDERS (INCLUDING DISTRIBUTORS AND CONTENT LICENSORS) WILL NOT BE LIABLE AT ANY TIME FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THE USE OF THE BENEFIT OR SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH SUCH DAMAGE IS BASED, EVEN IF VISA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS EXCLUDES OR LIMITS OUR RESPONSIBILITY WHICH CANNOT BE LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Upon the Benefit Coming to an End. Upon the Benefit Time Frame coming to an end, and unless you cancel the subscription to the Service prior to the conclusion of the Benefit Time Frame, you will automatically become a Service subscriber, directly with the Company and under the Terms of Service, undertaking to pay the total amount thereof.
- Cost to Eligible Person; Value of Benefit. The Benefit is free for the Eligible Person. The value of each Benefit is the cost to Visa of offering the Benefits, which may be the same as or different from the price that a consumer would have to pay to use the Service during the Benefit Time Frame.
- Your Warranties. You will use the Visa Benefits Portal and the Benefits for legal purposes only and will not violate the laws, regulations, ordinances or other requirements of any central, state or local government or any international law. You will use the Benefits for personal purposes and non-commercial uses only. You may not use any contents of the Benefit for business or profit-seeking purposes. The unauthorized use of this Visa Benefits Portal (1) allows Visa to claim damages against you and/or (2) may constitute a crime. You will use the Benefits solely for personal purposes and non-commercial uses.
- As Is. You understand and agree that the Benefit is provided on an “as is” basis with “defects” and based on its availability. You agree that the use of the Benefit and the Service is at your own risk. All warranties, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, are disclaimed and excluded. Visa makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, and expressly disclaims any and all representations and warranties as to (a) accuracy, suitability, reliability, integrity, fitness or applicability of the information, contents, data, products and/or services, merchantability or any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose; (b) that the Benefit or Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure and error-free and any defect or issue will be corrected; (c) the quality of the Service, contents, information, data or other material in the Company Materials and the Visa Benefits Portal will meet your expectations and requirements; (d) any errors in the Visa Benefits Portal will be corrected; (e) warranties of non-infringement of any intellectual property or third party rights; or (f) other warranties regarding the functioning, non-functioning or other acts of omission on the part of Visa, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors or providers, etc.
- Severability. The provisions of these Terms and Conditions are severable, and the total or partial invalidity of any provision shall not affect the validity of the other provisions.
- Law and Dispute Resolution. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New York and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New York will apply.
The Terms and Conditions end here.